Thursday, July 10, 2008

July 4th Weekend Festivities


Started the morning out with the Provo Parade. Is is bad to say that I only enjoy my little hometown parades with mainly tractors and horses going down Basin City "main street". I'll admit, I like the 'chasing of the candy' aspect of the parades. I come home empty handed in Provo.


After the parade we went and played some softball with the cousins. It really was a good, relaxing time! It didn't get too competitive which is good for our family ;) Then we had an amazingly good "picnic" and took naps on the grass. Then went and chilled at Aunt and Uncles house for a bit, then of course went to watch the fireworks, while mom and dad went to MILEY CYRUS!!! haha.. They went for Glen Beck and the Blue Man Group.

On Sunday, my lil nephew, Jayce Dillon Wood was blessed. There was quite a few family there and after the blessing we went to Aunt and Uncles house and had a yummy feast once again. Got to love big events with lots of food :) Naps and hanging out came later. I love when my parents come down to visit. Makes "being homesick" not come as often. My parents, throughout college me realizing this, are my bestest of friends. Life would have been so much easier in high school if I just would have let myself realize that! Family is awesome and I can't wait for August when our WHOLE family will be together at home, which seems like it's been ages.

1 comment:

Mama and Papa Wood said...

What a grand time we had on the 4th of July weekend! If only the whole family could have been with us to celebrate. I must admit I missed our little hometown parade with the candy, too! We always knew everyone & sometimes we were in the parade ourselves. Thanks for posting the pic. & fun times we shared. We love being a part of your life & it's sure good to know that we are missed & are now considered to be 'your friends' instead of the 'enemy'!